So this happened in the span of ten days at my public high school:
- One of my seniors received a call from Harvard. They want him to pursue a degree at their institution of higher learning.
- One of my students moved out of his home to live with another parent.
- One of my students ran away.
- One of my students moved out of his home to live with another relative.
- One of my students was taken from foster care and sent back to a group home.
Somehow, Common Core is going to help all of these kids “compete in a global economy.” Because it’s a corporation-backed, Race-to-the-Top-baited, never field-tested set of standards that will take care of what’s hurting so many of our students.