- CCSS were not developed in a democratic manner.
- No one who knows anything about early childhood development was consulted.
- It’s meant to encourage “market-driven innovation,” valuing profit for Pearson over teacher collaboration
- It claims to be rigorous, but it’s terribly rigid
- CCSS is all about high stakes testing
- Student scores will plummet – by design
- You think the NSA wants your info? Hah! CCSS is all about collecting info about your kids.
- It’s never been field tested. NEVER.
- CCSS centers around the misguided belief that an education is about “college and career readiness.”
- The biggest problem in education isn’t the curriculum; it’s the obscene level of poverty that our elected leaders choose to ignore.
Perhaps someone should call Arne Duncan’s mother. Her son’s not as brilliant as she thought he was.
NEXT: Why CCSS is making this blogger/AP teacher rethink his association with the College Board.